December 26, 2014

Bonus Post: From the Kap-files #8

From the Kap-files #8:

[ReKap:  In 8 calendar days, my position is being eliminated at my job, and so I'm looking back through my files, mental or otherwise, representing nearly 11 years with the company ...]

#8:   In my best Count von Count imitation ... 1 ... 2 ... 3 ... 4 ... 5 ... 6 ... 7 ... 8!  Ah-ha-ha!  8 wonderful domestic work trips over the years!  8 times to travel!

I know, I know ... you're probably thinking that there should be more adventures like that over the nearly eleven years I was with the company -- but the fact is that, being based in Chicago as I was for so many of them, everyone always came to *us* when it was about gathering for meetings.  And note I clarified I'm talking about the domestic side of travel, which means the already featured two trips to either side of Mexico aren't making this list.

With 8 "subsidized vacations", as I tended to refer to them, I struggled a bit to find the right picture to accompany tonight's post ... but since I didn't take any photos that one time I went with a delegation to Detroit to help high school kids kick off their program (and came home early alone on a train for reasons I dare not yet disclose ;) ), nor of the two times in 2014 when I went to Orlando to engage in some training, it came down to a choice between the shots of NYC from the two different trips there in 2010 and 2012 (i.e.  the Freedom tower being built, the Rockefeller center Christmas tree, Times Square, summertime in Central Park) OR the many many images of Vegas from the last three summer weeks I spent there (i.e.  the strip, the Grand Canyon, the exorbitantly priced burger I sought out in the suburbs via a taxi as part of my Burger Quest series, etc, etc).

So ... what did I choose to represent those eight trips?  This sandstone fellow who greeted me in the Vegas airport each year (seemed fair, with Vegas counting for 3 of the 8, no?).  I'm going to miss ya, little buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment