December 24, 2014

Bonus Post: From the Kap-files #10

From the Kap-files #10:

[ReKap:  In 10 calendar days, my position is being eliminated at my job, and so I'm looking back through my files, mental or otherwise, representing nearly 11 years with the company ...]

#10:  All good things must come to an end.  (And no, I don't mean that I'm ending this countdown before it's time ...)  In October of 2010, many quarters into the Great Recession, the Schaumburg center (where I started my career back in 2004) was shuttered. 

BUT ... not before a bunch of us with connections to the suite of classrooms, a video lab, a goldfishbowl front office, a manager's office and a few closets that were otherwise-purposed throughout the years could come together to properly wish it a goodbye.  I was honored to offer up a eulogy ... in which I modified Edgar Allen Poe's "The Raven" to fit the situation.  As this screen shot demonstrates ... a video exists (but only on the Facebook ... and only if you know the secret handshake [i.e.  are friends with she who posted it]).

Not to brag ... but some say it was the perfect way to say goodbye.  In other words ... quoth the Canadian goose that stood in for the raven (for obvious reasons to anyone familiar with the suburb territory there):  "Schaumburg's Nevermore!".

No comments:

Post a Comment