November 4, 2014

Random Tune for Tuesday 11/4/14

So I've been doing this for nineteen Tuesdays now (*this* being "featuring songs from the college era mixed tape", and nineteen meaning we're up to track 19 of the 39 that will eventually be shared), and today was the first time that I couldn't immediately recall the song.

Which means I had to go searching on the interwebs for "Where've You Been", and then I had to sort through all the darn Rihanna "Where Have You Been (All My Life Life Life Life Life Life)" references, 'cause I was looking for a country song, where words get contracted ("Where've" not "Where Have") and where Grammys get given for the stories told within the lyrics.

After all, when Kathy Mattea asks the question "Where've You Been", she's sharing the story of Edwin and Claire (according to the songwriter, Kathy's husband, a couple patterned after his grandparents).  You see, Edwin and Claire are a couple who have never spend a night apart UNTIL they were in the "hospital in separate beds on different floors".

Yeah that's right ... I dare you to listen to it and not get a little teary eyed at the end.  I double dare you!

I'M JUST NOT MYSELF WHEN YOU'RE AWAY:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl5Uog-MDGo

No comments:

Post a Comment