November 11, 2014

Random Tune for Tuesday 11/11/14

Track 20 of 39 (if you don't know by now, then you'll have to do your own research as to what I'm doing every week on Tuesdays for the last 20 weeks [although I do make it easy to do so on the blog, since the mixed tape madness has its own tag]) ... and tonight's a Y2K themed song from the incomparable Billy Joel.

Because, after all, we were the generation that was already well plugged in to the upcoming end of the millennium just a few years ahead from our time at LVC in the early nineties (have I already shared my Y2K "Russians have fired missiles" news report story whilst babysitting the Rite Aid support queue that night?  [turns out it was just a normal new years eve dispute with the poor folks in Chechnya and nothing apocalyptic about which to be concerned]).  And because, after all, we were all celebrating the fact that we were all thrown together ... after two thousand years!

I think I still tear up when I hear the big finish ... "One thing is certain:  Nothing can hold back the light.  Time is relentless ... and as the past disappears ... we're on the verge of all things new ..."

ONLY TRUE LOVE PERSEVERES:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D09O_6HoCDA

No comments:

Post a Comment