October 21, 2014

Random Tune for Tuesday 10/21/14

Track 17 of 39 (which, by the way, means I'm going to still be doing this well into the new year, since there are fewer Tuesdays to take me through to the holidays than there are tunes remaining on this two-cassette mixed tape from my college years) presents an opportunity to play like the late Casey Kasem (RIP) and to provide a long distance dedication.
EXCEPT, those years were a pretty dramatic time, and, contrary to what you might think, I'm not the kind to put *all* of the drama on the interwebs, especially when it's not my own. And this long distance dedication is directly from the mixmaster to one of the other regulars from FE213 ... so I'll offer the song with a note that it came from a place of love back in the day (and, by the way, if this were selfishly just about me, I'd be pushing "Lily's Eyes" from this same musical to have been mixed into those cassettes).
Long story short ... here's to folks finding the safe places where they can discover how to become the best version of themselves (i.e. college dorm rooms circa the early nineties) ... AND to the closing words of Mandy Patinkin at the very end of the musical that still make me tear up every time I hear them talking about the creation of unorthodox insta-families ... "for as long as you shall have us ... we are yours".

A PLACE WHERE I CAN GO WHEN I AM LOST AND THERE I WILL FIND ME:

No comments:

Post a Comment