October 12, 2014

Random Scandal Sheet for Sunday 10/12/14

What Lebanon PA (aka Lep'nun) is talking about this week:

Bridges over the railroad tracks.

Correction ... while it's true that my little hometown (which I am visiting for my 25th high school reunion weekend [ish]) is no longer beholden to the whim of the trains that would once randomly slice the city in two, it's also true that the bridges on 9th and 10th street have been talked about for a whole generation instead of just this week ... it's just that they have only recently come to fruition.  And seeing as how I've only recently come back to visit, and how I've been talking about them this whole trip, it all seems to be on point to be today's topic.

[As I've been doing during this packed vacation of sorts, I'll post a few bonus photos instead of going to look for companion links (because there's just not enough time and because I don't mind a bit of slacking sometimes).]

Most importantly, now no one from the "other" side of the tracks can ever say again ... "someone's going to die in an ambulance waiting for a train one of these days!"  And I got to stand (and drive) on two of the Modern Wonders of Lebanon's World.  It was a touching moment (that ended quickly when I thought some bridge hookers were en route to me ...)





No comments:

Post a Comment