October 13, 2014

Random Memorial for Monday 10/13/14

Gone but not forgotten:  my hair!

In the weeks leading up to this Respect.Reune.Reconnect.2014! tour which is wrapping up tomorrow, I decided to let my hair grow (as opposed to the every two week visit to the barber cycle in which I had found myself).

I'm sure part of of my strategy was to somehow prove that my baldness was *my choice* ... but in the end, I decided to shave it all off just before the trip.  But that wasn't before checking to see how gray it would be if I let it grow out.

In the end, when I realized I'd have to buy a comb or a brush ... or some styling mousse to try to effectuate a fauxhawk look to appear younger ... I decided that beauty takes too much time, and that bald is its own kind of beauty.  And I pulled the trigger on the *after* look below.  (As I've been doing for this trip, I'm supplying a bonus photo instead of companion links to save time until I return to my normal routine.)

That which once was naturally curly and covered my shiny shiny noggin, you are (sometimes)  missed.


No comments:

Post a Comment