September 9, 2014

Random Tune for Tuesday 9/9/14

Any guesses as to the identity of track 11 of 39?

Hint ... hint ... check the image.

Sure enough, Don Henley's classic made the mixed tape, mostly because it was my go-to song to listen to to get rowdy and riled up ... before a performance ... or "any time I needed a mental boost", as the liner notes say to this collection from the middle of my time at LVC in the early nineties.

Basically, if the situation called for me to "tear it up, trash it up, round it up or shake it up" ... this track was for sure getting played (on cassette, if you were wondering ... because ... again ... nineties).  In an age of finding oneself, challenging everyone at the top of your lungs to "tell me ... who do you think I think I am" was so directly on point.

Twenty-five years later, and it can still get me going!

HURRY AND WATCH THIS BEFORE DON HAS IT REMOVED FROM THE YOUTUBE:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VjtnEB1OOU



No comments:

Post a Comment