September 14, 2014

Random Scandal Sheet for Sunday 9/14/14

What southern Florida is talking about this week ...

Hurricane Edouard.

Oh no ... scratch that.  Edouard is of no consequence to southern Florida.  And neither was Arthur, Bertha or Cristobal.  Nor Dolly, who sadly never even made it to hurricane status, remaining only a tropical storm (although, bonus, she did get to go to Mexico).

I've been warned ... I do not want to experience a hurricane ... or more accurately, I do not want to experience the *aftermath* of a hurricane.  But I can't help but wish that I get to see what it's like to see this kind of phenomenon now that I'm living down here in paradise.  And if ever there were a year where it should happen ... it's the one where Dolly, Fay and Teddy are all to be named storms (why oh why couldn't the S be Shirly instead of Sally, right family?).

Truth be told ... after looking at the list, I should have immediately forecast that the P storm will be the one that's going to wreak havoc in my life.  It would be just too poetic not to be that way ... guess I have to wait out the season after all.

HE'S HERE ... HE'S NAMED ... WHO CARES?
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/weather/hurricane/storm-center-blog/sfl-tropics-sunday-20140914,0,5742791.story

AND NOW ... A PEEK AT THE WEEK WHERE WE PEAKED WEAKLY:
http://www.wdsu.com/news/local-news/new-orleans/weather-experts-discuss-belownormal-2014-hurricane-season-in-atlantic/27972082

MORE NAMES TO BE NAMED:
http://www.wdsu.com/weather/2014-hurricane-names/26137458


No comments:

Post a Comment