August 20, 2014

Random Wordplay for Wednesday 8/20/14

'Stay'cation task lag.

Used in a sentence:  "Since I didn't travel back to Chicago as originally intended on these seven days off of work [that trip is now rescheduled for the Fourth of July holiday next year], I can't return to work tomorrow complaining of vacation jet lag ... so I'll have to whine about 'stay'cation task lag."

After all, I've raked the front yard twice (darn mango leaves), mowed both yards once, shopped too many times, helped with the creation of the new thinking-bench-nook at the end of the driveway, binge-watched a good bit of television, binge-drank once (and recovered for a day or two after), posted on Facebook many many many times, painted the great room with a "pop" of color, reorganized that room to match the new design plan, played with the dogs, baked in the sun on the beach (and ate out afterwards), baked in the sun at a local pool (and drank out afterwards), napped when I wanted to and inhaled a giant goblet o ice cream.

Having accomplished all of that, I'm sure my body is going to go through some kind of lag trying to tackle work related tasks tomorrow (although ... the light at the end of the tunnel is the upcoming four day holiday weekend!) ...

WAIT ... WHAT'S THIS?  I NEED A WEEK TO RECOVER?:
http://intentionalbygrace.com/11-helpful-tips-successful-staycation/

CHECK YOUR LOCATION FOR ITS "STAY"CATION-ABILITY:
http://wallethub.com/edu/best-cities-for-staycations/4341/

I'M ALL FOR NUMBER SEVEN:
http://www.theguardian.com/money/2012/sep/03/beat-back-to-work-blues

No comments:

Post a Comment