August 26, 2014

Random Tune for Tuesday 8/26/14

Track 9 of 39 (we're 3/13 of the way through all of the tunes on the mixed tape from my college years [think early 90's ... although that's probably obvious from the choice of song selection])!

Tonight's song from Soul Asylum certainly fits by title and overall theme (surely you know by now, but if not, I ran away from home in March of my senior year of high school over 25 years ago) ... although the lyrics are a little dark to represent a time in my life full of opportunity and surprises and finding oneself, etc.  (After all, the official video included actual missing persons and stories without the happy ending that I had ...)

Hidden in all the alterna-rock angst is a powerful phrasing for those who know the strength that real survival offers ... which I'm reminded of again tonight replaying this tune ...

"I can go where no one else can go ... I know what no one else knows ..."

LIKE A MADMAN LAUGHING AT THE RAIN:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRtvqT_wMeY

No comments:

Post a Comment