August 23, 2014

Random Soapbox for Saturday 8/23/14

I don't mean to go off on a rant here, but ...

... Mr. Haircut Man (or barber, as you are more commonly known), I told you before and I'll tell you again and I'll tell you every time you ask, I have absolutely *no* opinion whether it should be square or round back there.  So please stop pushing me to decide.

Let's face it -- I don't really ever see what it looks like from that direction, which might be the reason that I'm not passionate about the way my hairline interplays with my neck.  Come to think of it, I didn't even know I had that bald spot until my nephews alerted me to it one holiday (well, that, and because I took that job at the bank in the grocery store that had cameras up above me in the corner of the room pointed at the vault that also captured the back of my noggin).  When it comes right down to it, until I embraced the selfieness run rampant in today's culture and figured out how to capture this photo in the bedroom mirror (fear not, it's beside the bed and not *over* the bed), I had actually forgotten about those tattoos there on my shoulders.

Let's go back to the normal routine -- I show up every two weeks, you call my name from the board where I've signed in, I make the same lame joke about "being easy" as a 1/2 all over, and how you can "add what you need to in the empty spots", and you do your thing, including making your choice whether I'm to be rounded or squared or faded.  Because I really do not have enough of that which you're cutting to care, got it?

THE QUESTION THAT I CARE NOT TO ANSWER:
http://www.themensroom.com/hair/mens-neckline-choices-squared-rounded-or-tapered/

IT'S ONLY A MATTER OF TIME:
http://menshair.about.com/od/malecelebrityhairstyles/a/shouldIshave.htm

I DON'T THINK I HAVE THE GOODS TO BE TRENDY:
http://www.menshairstyletrends.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment