August 23, 2014

Bonus Post: Fond Memory 12 (LHS Quadranscentennial Celebration Edition)

Fond Memory 12
on this, the Quadranscentennial Celebration of 
my Lebanon High School Graduation: 

Maybe I'm just hungry at the time of this post, but as I sat down tonight to decide which fond memory from my time in high school would be chosen now that there are just 48 days until the big reunion weekend, all of the memories I considered were somehow tied back to the cafeteria.

And what was originally going to be a shout out to the Ala Carte line (My generation had choices!  Wait in the long line for the meal that Reagan approved where catsup counted as a vegetable ... or pay per item in the *other* line [which was basically pizza every day if you so chose] ... and I'm not 100% sure but I think there was also a third salad bar/milk/ice cream line out front?) quickly turned into a comment about how I just wanted to get my mouth around a Cedar Treat again (Cedar Treats being the "adult" version of the little sugar coated round peanut butter balls that were all the rage in elementary and junior high cafeterias in my youth). 

Come back Wed the 27th for memory 11 (spoiler alert ... it's *also* going to be about cafeteria experiences)!

No comments:

Post a Comment