August 27, 2014

Bonus Post: Fond Memory 11 (LHS Quadranscentennial Celebration Edition)

Fond Memory 11
on this, the Quadranscentennial Celebration of 
my Lebanon High School Graduation: 

With only 44 more days until the big weekend celebrating the 25th anniversary of my time in high school, I'm excited that the announced plans include a tour of the recently remodeled buildings.

One of the things I'll be looking for ... are the items that were once in the cafeteria, and so new to us back then, still there ... as they comprise my fond memory number 11 for tonight.  That includes, of course, the just installed jukebox (which always seemed to be playing Led Zeppelin's "Black Dog" ... perhaps because I always had lunch with Matt H?) ... and the new "spiffy electronic sign", as it was described in the yearbook caption for the Mike K photo below, who was captured uploading key messages for the student body to see ... and the new Coke machines, pictured just behind Becky Z, where cans of soda cost only 50 cents.  Ah yes, life in the high school cafeteria in the late 80's ... good times.

Hard to believe, but I move in to the top 10 list of these fond memories with the next post this holiday weekend on Sunday the 31st!



1 comment: