August 31, 2014

Bonus Post: Fond Memory 10 (LHS Quadranscentennial Celebration Edition)

Fond Memory 10
on this, the Quadranscentennial Celebration of 
my Lebanon High School Graduation: 

With 40 days and 40 nights remaining until the big reunion weekend (sounds almost Biblical, doesn't it) ... I am pleased to have hit the big TOP 10 in my list of fond memories from my time in high school (Sep 85 to Jun 89, for those keeping score somewhere).

When I started the list of 25 memories, I did say that they'd be in no particular order, at least at the beginning ... but that does mean that I reserved the right to have the top 10 be slightly more meaningful.  And in the world of high school where I was lucky to have a lot of adults who looked out for me, perhaps no one did so more meaningfully than Mrs. K (aka Polly Keesey).

After all these years, I'm not even sure how we got connected (was I maybe her assistant helping to tutor others?) ... but I do remember that she was a lifeline for me.  I spent a lot of spare time in her office (she even let me store personal things there in the time leading up to my running away from home) and she helped me be me, to the extent that a late blooming high schooler knows who he is during that frame of time.  The best part ... I can close my eyes right now and still hear her laugh -- and she laughed a lot (presumably *with* me and not *at* me).

More fond memories (leading up to the *most* fond memory) continue with number 9 on Thursday the 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment