July 22, 2014

Random Tune for Tuesday 7/22/14

And now ... track 4 of 39 from that college mix tape of mine I'm featuring from now until awhile from now (at least until some time next year).

One of the commitments from that time was to well roundedness, which showed through in our musical selections.  Within four tracks, we've already had country and rock and country rock ... and, before these 39 weeks have passed, there will be some pop and some Broadway and some traditional Georgian chants added to the mix (did I show my hand on that last reference?).

For these particular words of country wisdom ... the line leading into the chorus encouraging you to "pick yourself up and come back for more" was certainly a good one in those days, but so was that which came immediately before it in that verse ... "the longer I live, the more I believe you do have to give if you wanna receive ... there's a time to listen, a time to talk".  Of course, I've now lived twenty years longer than back then ... so for me, I'm enjoying the re-listening I'm doing to this soundtrack of one of the most eventful times of my life.

SOMETIMES YOU LEAD, SOMETIMES YOU FOLLOW:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAVeMsFn1Ms

No comments:

Post a Comment