July 10, 2014

Random Thought for Thursday 7/10/14

Assuming all goes as planned, I will be arriving in Las Vegas at the crack of midnight tomorrow (F into Sa) ... which means I will be off and driving toward the Hoover Dam in less than 48 hours (hopefully on a road that is paved instead of the one pictured here supplied by the fine folks at Google Images).

Why am I going?  Because I want to see that man- made wonder before Lake Mead dries out (depending on your allegiance, insert climate change nod of approval OR climate change denial finger wagging here).

And also because this is the third year in a row I've been to Sin City (for a work conference each summer when temps are triple digits and rooms are pretty cheap) so I've "been there done that" to many things Vegas and looking for something new and different to fill the extra time in the excursion.  By the way ... if you're reading this on the Facebook and want to suggest some "desert driving" songs, feel free (but know I've already chosen 'The Doors' as it seemed fitting in a Jimmy M takes peyote kind of way).

Here's to safe (yet exciting) travels!

TIP TO TAKE TO HEART ... LOOK OUT FOR QUICKSAND:
http://www.mountaineersbooks.org/Assets/ClientPages/zz_DesertDrivingTips.aspx

OR I COULD BUILD THIS 500 SONG PLAY LIST:
http://www.wyep.org/top500

WHATEVER YOUR OPINION ON THE CLIMATE CHANGE, FACTS ARE FACTS:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2685360/Water-levels-Nevadas-Lake-Mead-drop-new-low.html

No comments:

Post a Comment