July 14, 2014

Random Memorial for Monday 7/14/14

Gone but not forgotten:  my trips to the old Cornwall rockpile.

Let's be clear ... this is *not* the first time the Cornwall rocks piled up on the other side of its quarry have been mentioned in my blog (use the power of the google search on it to see the so many different ways it comes up).  It may, however, be the first time that the mystical bowling ball we found rolling down the side of the road on one our frequent late night trips there is being pictured (we have no idea who started the ball rolling that night or how it stayed so perfectly on the side of the road as it rolled along ... and yes, we may have been under the influence during the whole scene).

It's just that it was all fresh in my mind again after my spiritual experience at the Grand Canyon Western Rim during my trip to Vegas, because I realized that I used to use my climbs to the top of that area back home for whenever I needed an adjustment ... or an escape ... whether with various different groups of friends or solo ... in all kinds of weather at all times of year.

Youthful perspective gained at the summit of *that* pile of rocks as remembered from having climbed to the summit of the *other* pile of rocks the other day ...  you are missed.

MY BIGGEST "OTHER" ROCKPILE POST TO DATE:
http://capcognition.blogspot.com/2012/09/bonus-post-thing-92_20.html

THE AFOREMENTIONED VEGAS CANYON POST:
http://capcognition.blogspot.com/2014/07/random-soapbox-for-saturday-71214.html

COULD THIS PIVOTAL PLACE FROM MY YOUTH DISAPPEAR:
http://sanatogapost.com/2009/03/19/quarry-owner-develops-near-lebanon/


No comments:

Post a Comment