July 18, 2014

Random Flashback for Friday 7/18/14

If it's a Friday in July in *2014* (note:  it is), then my weekly flashback is a (staged) scene from the publicity photos from the July *1994* presentation of the Mysterious Murder Quest "Holly, Hemlock and Mistletoe" at my alma mater LVC.

I should explain as I'm sure there's a portion of you who simply can't comprehend what you see in front of you ... but yes, that is the top of my head and yes, it is covered in hair.

Also ... yes, those are companion public phone booths.  Once upon a time, college kids had pay phones at the end of the dorm hallways and strategically placed throughout a campus so that they could "call home".  To the extent that this particular college center was majorly remodeled in the last few years, I'm guessing that makes this an historic photo capturing a part of the campus' history now probably gone forever (the fact that it's a black and white shot kind of helps, no?) ...

Of course, regardless of that situation, it's an historic photo just because it put to film the talented Greg B (that's him on the other line ... the one that's not holding a [prop] gun.)  Hard to believe that 20 years has passed so quickly ... I can remember it as if it were yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment