July 26, 2014

Bonus Post: Fond Memory 19 (LHS Quadranscentennial Celebration Edition)

Fond Memory 19
on this, the Quadranscentennial Celebration of 
my Lebanon High School Graduation:

[okay ... this is the last post to catch me up and get me back to the original premise of issuing these every four days leading up to our 25th HS reunion this mid-October ... this one should have been shared back on the 26th when there were 76 days until the event]

As much as I would have liked to post a picture of the cardboard cutout that graced the corner of the gym during my four years of high school, I couldn't find any of those pictures, so this classic uncredited photo found on the interwebs will have to suffice.

Without a doubt, though, one fond memory of my time in school would have to be the ever present reminder of my school's "most famous graduate" ... Sam Bowie (he of the seven foot one inch frame that is apparently just reaching up to make a basket in the picture).  Of course, that was 25 years ago, so I don't know if someone else has supplanted him with regards to that title ... or if that cardboard cutout still graces a spot in the recently remodeled school.

The countdown continues with Memory 18 ... to be shared on this upcoming Wednesday ... and then every four days thereafter ...

No comments:

Post a Comment