June 19, 2014

Random Thought for Thursday 6/19/14

Okay Adam M ... I'm randomly putting you on the spot ...

In the spirit of continuous transformation and innovation, I need your input on the classic "calories per dollar" analysis that you explained to me in the naughts.

Namely, I ate at Joe's (Crab Shack) a few weeks back, and although I made my menu choices based on the ratio of cost of my purchase compared with the amount of calories I thought I'd take in ... just like you trained me and any number of others who called the Lincoln Park office their home away from home... I *forgot* to take into account the amount of calories I had to expend to get at the actual morsels of food that fed the equation in the first place.

Which made me think of our hunter/gatherer ancestors, as it struck me that their decision making regarding "which sustenance shall I seek tonight" must have included that type of review.  Then, I'm guessing ... over the years, and as we all get lazier and sustenance got easier to acquire, that historical perspective somehow got overtaken by the consumeristic view of things.

So I'm thinking let's 2.0 this concept and pay homage to the past (both ancient and recent) and modify the thought process to account for that variable.  (Of course, for all I know, you *already* take this into account and I just didn't make it to the Calories-per-dollar second lesson.)

EAT AT JOE'S!:
http://joescrabshack.com/?gclid=CJaS-uSyh78CFVFp7Aod9GYAuA

WAIT A MINUTE ... THIS CONCEPT IS FROM THE 1800's?:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2954450/

OH YEAH IT'S EVERYWHERE:
http://www.innovationexcellence.com/blog/2012/05/14/building-a-culture-of-continuous-innovation/

No comments:

Post a Comment