June 29, 2014

Random Scandal Sheet for Sunday 6/29/14

What southern Florida is talking about this week:

Sports.  It's taken over the lead news stories.

Having spent almost half of the recent dozen years in Chicago in the shadow of the Wrigley bleachers (just a spit and a holler away, on the other side of the 'el'), I'm used to these summer months being taken over by baseball talk ... but apparently this area doesn't have a team (well, at least a team about which anyone seems to wants to speak).

Instead, of late, it's all about how apparently some French guy Le-something-or-other is thinking about leaving town to play bball elsewhere (or, if he's not thinking about it, he's playing the money game to get a little more coin to cover his bills for chronic cramping).  I didn't even know the French were very bball focused!  Truth be told, it seems most locals are very quick to say au revoir to this Monsieur James.

And then today, based on what I saw that African man wearing at the local Home Depot (so bright!) and how the drunk south-of-the-border couple were behaving at the JCPenney when it opened at noon, it would appear that there's some international sports contest catching everyone's attention down here (it's a very diverse area, in case you didn't know).  It's unclear if any Americans are part of that event, a conclusion I make solely based on the fact that I've yet to come across anyone hootin' and hollerin' dressed in our flag as I'm out and about.

PS ... In case you didn't gather, I rarely watch ESPN, and then, usually with the volume off so I can just see the pretty pictures and read the graphics.

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE ALMIGHTY DOLLAR:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2014/06/24/lebron-james-leaving-miami-could-cut-heats-value-by-100-million/

UMMM ... IF I EVER WATCHED WITH THE SOUND ON, I'D MAYBE HAVE AN OPINION:
http://toplayusout.wordpress.com/2009/01/14/the-five-biggest-douchebags-on-espn/

SEE I KNEW SOMETHING INTERNATIONAL WAS GOING ON:
http://miami.cbslocal.com/top-lists/top-sports-bars-to-watch-world-cup-soccer-in-south-florida/




No comments:

Post a Comment