June 9, 2014

Random Memorial for Monday 6/9/14

Gone but not forgotten:  the letter L.

Oh NFL ... so quick* to join the movement to endumben** America by deciding that your fans' minds would be blown by a 50th Super Bowl that was graphically represented by the letter L.

How's about this for a design plan instead?  In the accompanying image, I present the Babylonian counting system to use for upcoming super games of football (and sure, why not rewrite history while we're at it and refer retroactively to past contests with this system).  Let's combat the endumbening with a little enwisening***?

That tradition that has stood for 50 years**** now gone forever*****, you will be missed.

*quick it was not ... as there were apparently 73 versions of the logo before the announcement

**that's my new favorite word ... as I perfect my plans to embrace agoraphobia in order to keep myself safe in this crazed world in which we live ... I'm going to blame the endumbifying of our society as the number one reason to go all me-and-mine-in-my-compound-thank-you-very-much within the next few years

***I had "ensmartening" first, but spell check wanted to change that to "inseminating", which is not the point I was trying to make

***well, 47 years, since the roman numeraling only started with the third game, and it will be present this year, just not in 2016

****and by forever, I mean only 365 days, since, despite all the hootin and hollerin, I've learned today it's only a one year hiatus

TO HELL WITH THE L:
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/roman-numerals-50th-super-bowl-article-1.1816996

OH WAIT ... IT'S JUST FOR ONE YEAR?:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11031941/nfl-take-one-year-hiatus-roman-numerals-super-bowl-50

OH YEAH I'M GONNA START USING THIS ONE A LOT:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=endumbened

No comments:

Post a Comment