May 29, 2014

Random Thought for Thursday 5/29/14

I'm not sure how I ran into the quote, I just know that I did so recently.

And after googling its origin, I'm more confused what with the fact that I've not recently been reading the Talmud OR the Koran/Quran NOR have I seen Schindler's List.

But somewhere I saw the notion of "saving one life saves the world/humanity/the world entire", and I liked it enough to e-jot it down in my phone's notepad (oh yeah ... I've finally embraced something technological that started being used many many years ago).

With all due respect to Hebrew scholars/Muhammad/Schindler, I plan to appropriate some version of it for the slogan of my foundation.  (Disclaimer:  "my foundation" is something that only exists in my mind until that point in the future when I wake up to discover that I am independently wealthy and can launch said organization.  Second disclaimer:  you can't win the lottery if you don't play the lottery.  Third disclaimer:  [one's] reach should exceed [one's] grasp or what's a heaven for?)

Until then ... so long as there are those in this world who will care more about the welfare of others than the welfare of themselves, all hope will not be lost.

Whose life will you save today?

AS PER SCHINDLER QUOTING THE TALMUD:
http://www.auschwitz.dk/lamus.htm

AS PER MUHAMMAD IN THE KORAN/QURAN:
http://corpus.quran.com/translation.jsp?chapter=5&verse=32

AS PER JAPANESE ANIME (REMEMBER, I LIKE IT RANDOM UP IN HERE):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQrYdY2gbD8

No comments:

Post a Comment