May 1, 2014

Random Thought for Thursday 5/1/14

I'm not one to put too much stock in conspiracy theories ... but I am tempted to believe that the NSA just might be working with the folks at BuzzFeed (and any other company doing a similar type of survey to predict a classification for the user) ... and gathering all kinds of data that may one day be used against you.

As such, I refuse to take part in discovering what kind of dog I am (it best be pit bull) ... or what member of the Illuminati I am (I've never even seen the movie) ... or which Disney princess I am (I think I would want to be Ariel) ... or what literary character I am (Don Quixote would be cool) ... or what color is my aura (black and red have always been my favorite colors) ... or what Hogwarts professor I am (I've never even seen *these* movies either ... or read the books) ... or in what state should I really be living (too soon after the big  move to have doubts) ... etc. etc. etc.

Look ... I don't begrudge you your fun.  Have at it.  Just don't be surprised if some day you find out that the Stasi mentality of Eastern Germany lives on with a file hidden somewhere on the interwebs with all of your choices captured and catalogued, ready for some Big Data company to exploit it.

AND if this post suddenly disappears, then ... um ... maybe I stumbled on to something.

BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR CLICKHOLE:
http://www.refinery29.com/2014/04/67167/clickhole

"BEST" IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER:
http://www.neontommy.com/news/2014/03/top-9-best-buzzfeed-quizzes

I'M SO TEMPTED ... BUT I'LL REFRAIN:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/chelseamarshall/what-kind-of-dog-are-you

No comments:

Post a Comment