May 4, 2014

Random Scandal Sheet for Sunday 5/4/14

What southern Florida is talking about this week:

Maybe more like what everyone is talking about *today*, as it is Star Wars Day (May Fourth [as in ... May the "Fourth" be with you ...]).

Well, and maybe not quite *everyone* ... maybe you had to be of a certain generation ... or a certain fan base.

My virtual workplace invited us to submit Star Wars photos to a google community ('cause that's how the virtual water cooler thing works in modern times), and I submitted this one, heading back to my file/museum/collection room (yes, I have such a room ... and yes, I am an apprentice hoarder) to dig out this classic blanket from college ... I mean ... from high school ... I mean ... from elementary school.

Not a lot of things survived my time shared with my biological father's fourth wife (being my own therapist, I can recognize that might be a clue regarding my apprentice hoarding skills) ... but this blanket is one of them (holes and all).  I know I had a death star and some action figures (they did not survive my childhood, I think because it may have been my biological mother [and fourth wife's immediate rival] who fed my Star Wars habits), but I'm actually no longer sure if this movie in the saga or ET or the Care Bears or a Smokey and the Bandit installation was my first movie seen in a theater (anyone in my family know?).

Regardless, I do know that, as a five year old child when it hit the theaters, it is indeed a part of my youth ... which I celebrate today with those that have similar fond memories of more innocent times.

WARNING:  THIS IS A FOX NEWS SITE ... ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK:
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/05/04/how-did-may-fourth-become-star-wars-day/

SINCE TODAY IS WHAT TODAY IS AND ALL:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/04/7-facts-about-star-wars-episode-vii

UMMM ... TO EACH HIS OR HER OWN, RIGHT?:
http://www.templeofthejediorder.org/




No comments:

Post a Comment