April 5, 2014

Random Soapbox for Saturday 4/5/14

I don't mean to go off on a rave here, but ...

[yep ... still raving instead of ranting ... 'cause it's still lent ...]

... thank goodness for landladies who can scrounge up extra money unexpectedly and HVAC companies that can replace broken air conditioning, because living in Florida without AC might have been too much for me to bear in my late middle age (and it's only April)!

Despite the fact that it did take a week (as you may recall from my post last Sunday, the old unit in this house actually stopped working a week ago) ... and that the landlady balked at the neighbor's company's price to replace it (so that's one neighbor no longer coming to the block party should we ever have one) ... and that the family friend she did hire (who showed up with his nephew after work to do the project on the side) needed to convince her it really was alkl about replacing both the outside and inside units that were nigh unto fifteen years old ... I'm just raving to again have the option to have central air.

By the way, I also know I'm blessed to have this modern convenience, as the Haitians across the street who live in the back yard of this neighbor guy's property apparently have to leave each day just to go get water from somewhere because I don't think they have it in whatever domicile in which they are shacked up back there (they may not have water, but they most certainly have a cell phone, as the whole 'hood can hear when she gets on it to curse someone out [come to think of it, maybe she's yelling violently at the one responsible for the fact that they are water-less]).

But more than *anything* else ... I'm just happy that I can do my bathroom business without breaking out into a sweat (as that's what I think hell might be ... being trapped taped to a toilet in a triple digit environment ... and that image should get you some religion right quick, lest you be trapped next to me)!

Where was I?  Oh right ... the sweet sweet sound of working compressors and cool air blowing out of vents.  Gotta love it!

EVEN THOUGHT THEY COULDN'T STRIKE A DEAL ... THEY WERE WILLING TO:
http://www.allyearcoolingandheating.com/

INSTEAD WE GOT LOCAL TRINIDADIAN BOYS (OR WERE THEY TOBAGGONS)?
http://www.gotrinidadandtobago.com/

AH ... THE INTERNET ... GIVING ANSWERS TO PRESSING PROBLEMS:
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080802023053AAqbUgR

No comments:

Post a Comment