April 7, 2014

Random Memorial for Monday 4/7/14

Gone but not forgotten:  Esther Neidermyer.

So there's a story here ... because last week I was travelling and had prepped ahead of time and was attempting to post from my work trip to Orlando, I had previously uploaded this special photo of my biological father's biological mother (what most people call a maternal grandma).

I went to post and confirm that she had died twenty years ago ... and the internet informed me that she had not.  It took me awhile to figure out where I had gone wrong ... and I finally realized that I was confusing the pages of my photo album ... and that it was my Aunt Margaret who had passed twenty years ago instead on March 31, 1994 (the day I was posting).

Of course, it's such a great picture that represents 25% of my heritage that I decided I'd use it today ... not because April 7 was any particular date of importance (well, of which I am aware, anyway) ... but because it's such a great photo and because she deserves to be missed ...

She of the broasted chicken recipe ... and the bobble heads on the railing ... and the attack poodle ever close by ... on this random day ... you are missed.

THE INTERNET IS A LITTLE CREEPY IN EVERYTHING IT KNOWS:
http://www.fold3.com/page/16454308_esther_m_neidermyer/

MAY OR MAY NOT BE AS GOOD AS GRANDMA'S:
http://www.food.com/recipe/broasted-chicken-431518

SPEAKING OF BOBBLE HEADS, I'D LIKE *THIS ONE* PLEASE:
http://www.retroplanet.com/PROD/39743?CID=1499621&AID=10841152&PID=1609763




No comments:

Post a Comment