April 25, 2014

Random Flashback for Friday 4/25/14

Normally it's a picture taken from twenty years ago that fills the spot weekly on Fridays.

Today it's kind of that.

The picture is actually "fresh off the cell phone" of a corner of my room in the back of the house where I pretend my hoarding is in control and that these are all "collections" in my "personal museum" (oh I'll have problems late in life, won't I) ...

The picture is OF Alfieri's ladder from "A View to the Bridge" with shelves on it from "Godspell" (recognize the glow in the dark hand prints anyone?) with the sewing machine from "The Pajama Game" on top and the skyline from "On the Town" as a backdrop.

What's that all mean?  These are pieces from the sets of all three musicals that I did as a theatre geek during my first round of study at LVC (89-95), with the "View from the Bridge" being an exception in that it was a play and that ladder was what I had to climb each night for my scenes as the lawyer advising the immigrants in the drama.

Bottom line ... don't ever throw anything out kids.  Not if you want to put it on the internet some twenty years later!

No comments:

Post a Comment