March 26, 2014

Random Wordplay for Wednesday 3/26/14

Over-achieving flavor crystals.

Used in what we'll pretend is just one sentence:  "I like them in my gum ... I don't like them when they make surprise minty appearances the rest of the day ... as I'm drinking my coke ... while I'm having a ham and cheese sandwich ... during my chow down on a plate of spaghetti ... curse you, you over-achieving flavor crystals!"

Don't get me wrong ... I'm all for science driving us toward improvements in our every day lives.  After all, I grew up in the age of the space shuttle, and for years, so many developments incorporated "space shuttle technology" (except O-rings ... I distinctly remember that those were bad [what?  too soon?]).  But now that we've unleashed the power of the flavor crystal beast, we have to control them because they are already too big for their scientific britches and before they morph into those nanites that turn off all the electricity (amongst other things) in NBC's "Revolution".

Don't say I didn't warn you -- you heard it here first.  Over-achieving flavor crystals are the first signpost on the slippery slope to the impending apocalypse.

HERE'S WHAT'S SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN:
http://www.ehow.com/facts_8091944_do-flavor-crystals-gum-work.html

SPACE SHUTTLE TECHNOLOGY BROUGHT US ... INVISIBLE BRACES!:
http://www.businessinsider.com/everyday-items-developed-by-nasa-2012-8

IN CASE YOU'VE NEVER HEARD OF THE NANITES:
http://revolution.wikia.com/wiki/Nanites


No comments:

Post a Comment