March 3, 2014

Random Memorial for Monday 3/3/14

Gone but not forgotten:  rocking out to the Open House Party hosted by John Garabedian on the weekend (probably on WINK 104 ... or Q106).

What prompted this memory?  That awkward period between moving in to the new place on TH and getting cable on SU night of the same week ... during which time, the RADIO got turned on.  Heard that weekend?  Casey Kasem (RIP) counting down his top 40 from some random week in the 70's (apparently, they are repackaged for stations to re-air now).

Before I got addicted to television (and got satellite radio in the new car a year and a half ago), I was a radio listener.  As a matter of fact, I had a small 3x4 blue AM/FM radio in my room when I was in high school that I had hid from my Lady Tremaine (think about it ... think about it ... [maybe google it] ... okay ... now you got it?).  I used to take it from its hiding spot and slip it under my pillow to listen to (I especially loved the year end countdowns in the late eighties) ... including the Open House Party broadcasts on the weekend.

Radio program that was my escape before my literal escape so many many years ago (this year is the 25th anniversary of my freedom!) ... even though you might actually still be on the air in some form or fashion according to the interwebs, you are missed.

I'LL BE DAMNED ... IT'S STILL AROUND:
http://www.openhouseparty.com/

IN CASE YOU ALSO WANT TO LISTEN TO CASEY KASEM COUNTDOWN 70'S SONGS:
http://tunein.com/radio/options/American-Top-40---The-70s-p117092/

SEE WHERE LADY TREMAINE FITS IN THE PANTHEON OF WICKED STEPMOTHERS:
http://www.examiner.com/article/wicked-stepmother-top-ten-wicked-stepmothers-books-and-film

No comments:

Post a Comment