March 17, 2014

Random Memorial for Monday 3/17/14

Gone but not forgotten:  my youth.

How do I know it's gone?  Because I hurt my shoulder.

How did I hurt my shoulder?  Somehow whilst sleeping.

Who does that?  Old people ... that's who!

I mean I could pretend it was some kind of gym injury ... but I haven't thrown the dumbbells around since before the move.  Or that I got into a drunken brawl with some St Patty's Day revelers ... but I no longer live in the Chitown 'hood where that would be a realistic outcome for anyone out and about today (starting at 8am and lasting ... all ... day ... long).  Or that I overextended myself in some heroic scenario where I saved animals from a burning building (although I did chase one of those little Florida lizards around the office today after Murder sat in front of the bookcase where it had been hiding [she's more of a tracker than an attacker it seems]).

Nope ... I just apparently have a body that no longer knows the best way to position my head and neck and arm when slumbering.  Days when I was younger where I could sleep on the floor without a pillow and my only problem was waking up to discover that my drool had negatively interacted with the cleaning supplies last used on the rug and given me a rash (ummm ... yep, *that* happened to me before ...), you are missed.

IF I SLEEP ON MY BACK TO EASE SHOULDER PAIN, THEN I SNORE & HAVE REFLUX:
http://www.bottomlinepublications.com/content/article/health-a-healing/change-your-sleep-position-to-relieve-pain-heartburn-snoring-and-more

MY DROOL RASH WAS NOT LIKE THIS DROOL RASH:
http://www.livestrong.com/article/521260-treatment-for-a-babys-drool-rash/

WHAT MY DAY WOULD HAVE BEEN LIKE BACK IN CHICAGO THIS WEEKEND:
http://crimeinboystown.blogspot.com/2014/03/it-aint-easy-being-green-st-pats.html?m=1


No comments:

Post a Comment