March 7, 2014

Random Flashback for Friday 3/7/14

I've mentioned before that 1994, twenty years ago, was a very theatrical year, right?

Fresh off the heels of my month of pics from the retreat we did that winter/spring with Wig and Buckle, here's (?most) of the "pledge" class to Alpha Psi Omega that year.  I'm pretty sure they are performing for our pleasure as part of the traditional scavenger hunt.

I put "pledge" in quotes because Autumn S and I were in charge that year, and we wanted to remove some of the "bite" out of the whole Greek set-up, so we went conceptual by changing the "pledging" into an "auditioning" process ... being certain to keep some traditions ... but jettisoning others.  [We clearly had tons of time on our hands.]

The files I have from that experience are still packed up, but I hope to have them accessible before next week, because all of the other photos I have from this performance are too risque to post in light of the fact that these folks are all adults now (with one major exception ... there's one I'm specifically saving for Gully's bday this year [Gully ... you've been warned ... block me now on FB or forever be memorialized in fur ...]).

It might be the exaggerated sense of uniqueness that I proudly cultivate, but I think there was never before ... and will be never again ... a group of students to join an organization that went through exactly what these folks went through.  And I'm glad to have met each and every one of them!


No comments:

Post a Comment