February 4, 2014

Random Tune for Tuesday 2/4/14

At the risk of this Tuesday post turning into something more akin to a Saturday soapbox rant ... who knew America the Beautiful would shine a light on 'Merica the Ugly?

And that the Super Bowl Coke ad could somehow serve a dual purpose to promote capitalism and to serve as a hellish torment of a twisted I-Spy game for certain xenophobic small minded individuals whose heads are so far up their own asses that they missed the fact that our world has become globalized since the early 1900's ... or that their own forebears very likely spoke multiple languages in their first generation immigrant homes ... or that diversity is something to be celebrated and embraced and honored for the role it played in how our country earned its place in this world where isolationism no longer works now that the oceans are more easily traversed ...

Oh right ... I mentioned the twisted torment I imagine such that I hope this tune is playing on giant video screens in hell for certain individuals (let's call it the Jesse Helms suite) ... so that they can spend eternity crying out in pain ... "I spy a Jew!  I spy a Muslim!  I spy a gay!  I spy someone (gasp) singing a patriotic song in another language."

Now, to be fair, since I do believe that America *is* so beautiful, that means I also support your right to demonstrate your ignorance by commenting as you see fit (I'm looking at you [generically] when, in your [generic]  patriotic fervor, you [generically] refer to the song as our national anthem [idiots, did you not listen when the opera singer lady performed before Joe Namath proved that the fox ... doesn't say anything before a coin toss ... but I digress]) ...

Tonight's random tune ... is *proudly* ... this Coca Cola ad from this past weekend ...

PLEASE REMEMBER TO DRINK TONS OF SODA, AS *THAT* IS THE 'MERICAN WAY:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MEsOzzunPQ


No comments:

Post a Comment