February 11, 2014

Random Tune for Tuesday 2/11/14

Nothing like a bit of karaoke to make one realize that one's maybe never *really* heard a song before.  [And no, I was neither high nor in the mountains at the time I heard someone else perform this song this past weekend.]

I mean -- sure, I could sing along to the chorus with the rest of the bar crowd (Co - lo - ra -do ...), but it turns out the song is pretty darn wordy and the chorus is actually pretty darn short (even if oft repeated).

In the end, I'm not certain that it is the best bar song to sing (allegedly, it was dedicated to the fact that Florida is actively considering allowing medical marijuana ... but Johnnie D himself testified before Congress in the eighties that the "high" he was referencing was about getting inspired by the natural beauty of the CO wilds.)  But I can say it will stick with me now for how melancholy it actually is ... and for the line in this google image screen grab, which echoes Icarus but actually reminds me more of P Jam's "Given to Fly".

And one last connection (even in a bar in the midst of karaoke, my mind just doesn't stop a-spinnin') -- I got crazy once and lost a friend but kept the memory ... and DJ would have turned 38 yesterday.

YOU MIGHT SAY HE FOUND A KEY FOR EVERY DOOR:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOB4VdlkzO4

No comments:

Post a Comment