January 30, 2014

Random Thought for Thursday 1/30/14

Like Dominick's, the Sears Tower and the Cubs World Series win ... the relationship between me and Chicago is HISTORY.

In a moment, I'll be posting the final item in my bonus series that I've been writing for the last fifty days ... which seems like the perfect time, in case you missed any of those posts .... to list all fifty entries of "things I'll miss about Chicago ..."

50.  watching Linda Kollmeyer drunkenly fondle the lottery balls
49.  choosing which ethnicity's 7-11 to walk in my 'hood
48.  eating a fresh batch of Chicago mix popcorn
47.  participating in the annual holiday tradition going downtown with family
46.  hearing about all the murders
45.  hunkering down to avoid the derechos
44.  listening to whichever random celebrity was leading the seventh stretch song when the Cubs were home
43.  passing by all of the dogs in the 'hood when I'm out and about walking in it
42.  fighting with neighbors over "saved" street spots during the big snows
41.  seeing the end product of all of the construction currently underway
40.  being on the lookout for the urban coyotes
39.  taking LSD
38.  trying to escape the bottled water tax
37.  getting in the car and going away for the weekend
36.  being harassed by TCF Bank employees upon stepping foot on site at a Jewel
35.  telling the story about how we jumped the line for the Signature Lounge once Mistress Melissa displayed her decolletage
34.  fighting through the crowds of drunken girls outside of the bar on the corner at the end of my street
33.  experiencing Chicago style politics
32.  sighting all those celebrities
31.  determining whether that sudden sound is a gunshot or impromptu fireworks
30.  using CLTV as a remedy for insomnia
29.  hearing "I'm Peter Francis Greaci (Ge-RAAAY-ci) in every other commercial
28.  interacting with landlord Jim
27.  having the news be swallowed up by all kinds of CPS drama
26.  associating my time here with those that have passed (in a remember-y kind of way)
25.  preparing for any and all sports team small talk conversation
24.  celebrating Tornado Tuesdays
23.  scoring a box full of goodies at the book sale
22.  spending time in the local grocery stores
21.  shopping at Old Orchard
20.  learning so much about the Polish
19.  working out of the physical Chicago offices of my employer
18.  zooing it up for free at the Lincoln Park Zoo
17.  leaving town via Midway or O'Hare
16.  hanging out on college campuses
15.  walking through the 'hood on my lunch hour
14.  listening to all of the apartment noises
13.  spending my money at all the tourist attractions
12.  making the rounds of all of the Walker Bros Original Pancake Houses
11.  diversifying my life experience
10.  sampling the goods as if I were on a reality TV show at all the foodie events
9.    weathering *any* meteorological situation with Tom Mother F'in Skilling
8.    seeing snow
7.    getting my buzz on whilst playing a few rounds of Golden Tee
6.    ordering from all the favorite take out places
5.    walking home after hopping around the local bars
4.    transporting myself publicly via Metra, PACE, CTA bus or el
3.    gazing at, driving around, boating on or getting in Lake Michigan
2.    spending quality time with this crew, my Indiana family
1.    exclaiming "we live in Chicago" every time we drive over the Skyway

SEE EACH ONE IN DEPTH HERE:
http://capcognition.blogspot.com/search/label/50%20Things%20I%27ll%20Miss%20About%20Chicago

No comments:

Post a Comment