January 30, 2014

Bonus Post (Gbye Chicago): Thing 1

50 Things I'll Miss About Chicago -->

Thing 1:

Exclaiming "we live in Chicago" every time we drive over the Skyway.

It's a rite of passage for a passage right of way ... catching the first glimpse of the Chicago skyline from atop the giant bridge (just beyond the giant Walmart that popped up overnight a few years ago) ... (when traveling in from the east [and most trips out of town tend to include a return from that direction]) ... and then stating the quote above out loud, because it's been categorically true since Sep 2001 ...until today.

COUNTER:  For fifty days now, in the run up to this big move, I've stated something in this blog series that I'll miss about Chicago ... and for forty-nine of them, I've offered a counter that keeps me looking forward to what's ahead as a Floridian.  But dare I say it ... I'm not sure that anything can replace this experience.  And with that ... goodbye Chicago!

No comments:

Post a Comment