January 25, 2014

Bonus Post (Gbye Chicago): Thing 6

50 Things I'll Miss About Chicago -->

Thing 6:

Ordering from all the favorite take out places.

Is there a sadder sight to see than the whole menu file in the trash? (Yep, there's more packing going on here this weekend ...)  Although I may try to squeeze in another order or two in the remaining 6 days in town (!?!) ... that means no more "Bacon Cheese Mushroom Chicken in a pita, lettuce mayo only with Bacon Cheese Fries" from eat-a-pita ... or "Cheese Thicks" from Leona's ... or "Bibs Bacon Burger/Fried Chicken Dinner/Chicken Cordon Blue Bites with Cream of Chicken Soup" from Panino's ... or the "Cheese Steak Salad with no black olives, add bacon and extra ranch dressing" from Philly's Best.  Oh my ... I'm getting verklempt.

COUNTER:  This too shall pass.  New menus will be slipped under the Florida apartment door.  And those menus are bound to include items that have some combination of chicken and bacon and cheese on them.  Or at least that's what I tell myself to get through this painful break-up with these fine Chitown establishments.

No comments:

Post a Comment