January 8, 2014

Bonus Post (Gbye Chicago): Thing 23

50 Things I'll Miss About Chicago -->

Thing 23:

Scoring a box full of goodies at the book sale.

I regret that it took me eleven years to find something in Chicago that could replace the Book of the Month Club sales to which I was invited by a certain someone back in Camp Hill in the late nineties.  But when I did finally find it in 2012, I let loose and filled up this box (which I lugged off the El as seen in this photo), and expanded my collection of real actual tactile books (I don't support what I consider the bibliocide underway in the e-environment).

COUNTER:  Considering that my personal library is scheduled to take up quite a few cubic feet in the movers' truck, I'll have my collection to tide me over until I can find a similar old-fashioned book sale down south (and I wonder if the types of books will differ ... or if they'll even be in English)?

No comments:

Post a Comment