January 17, 2014

Bonus Post (Gbye Chicago): Thing 14

50 Things I'll Miss About Chicago -->

Thing 14:

Listening to all of the apartment noises.

Hey ... it's an old building of nine units (almost like that google image was commissioned for this bonus series of posts, no?) ... so there's bound to be some ambient noise that's shared with all tenants.  I'm not just talking about the occasional copulation concert (truth be told, the upstairs girls and the downstairs boy do not appear to have much game ... or else I've shamed them into abstinence by posting about it on Facebook) ... but instead, how almost every dog howls when the fire engine goes by (and, with a station at the end of the block, that's pretty often), or the sound of bathroom ceilings collapsing (once every two years, like clockwork, because of the upstairs neighbors [just like in the picture!]), or the pitter patter of the tiny feet running above (not babies ... the 'hood's too young for all that ... but the upstairs puppies like to play fetch ... for that I can vouch).

COUNTER:  Unless my dream comes true and a house can be found that is the nexus of cheaper price and more square footage down in FL, chances are I'll hear neighborly noise down there too ... and Floridians appear to be crazy ... so that which I over hear is bound to only get MORE exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment