December 31, 2013

Random Tune for Tuesday 12/31/13

It's bound to happen.

After all, this is the fifth December since I started posting back in 2009.  No matter how much I try to keep the content all original, that's a lot of content.

Courtesy of the powerful google search on my blog, I can even pinpoint when I first heard tonight song -- on or about April 27, 2010, courtesy of American Idol.  Back then, it was part of my "tune therapy" series, when I was gently mocking a less than stellar group of contestants by offering up better versions of what they had sung on the show the week before.

Regardless, I said back then ... "I now have a new annual song to play every New Year's Eve (my most favorite holiday of the year)".  Well -- here we are.  It is indeed my most favorite holiday of the year -- there's just something I enjoy about putting to rest all that has happened before (to resurface on Flashback Friday's in 2033, Zuckerberg willing, of course) and starting with a clean slate eager for whatever new opportunities may lie ahead.  I've reached the age where every year is a good year (so long as I end it alive and breathing [so *this* is what mid-life feels like]), and with the big move to Florida happening so soon, I'm even more excited than I usually am what's to come -- in 2014.

So, in the words of the Dolls known for their Goo-Goo ... "tonight's the night the world begins again".  Here's hoping that world for you and yours holds only the best!  Happy New Year!!

TAKE THESE WORDS AND SING OUT LOUD CAUSE EVERYONE IS FORGIVEN NOW:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmrjgAsMz58

No comments:

Post a Comment