December 21, 2013

Bonus Post (Gbye Chicago): Thing 41

50 Things I'll Miss About Chicago -->

Thing 41:

Seeing the end product of all of the construction currently underway.

[I can soon stop explaining this series, right?  You get it by now?  Me and mine are moving to Florida in 41 days.]

Unless some expedited construction miracle happens in January, I may never know what the Maggie Daley pile-o-dirt ends up looking like?  Or which stores will be moving in to the ground floor of the big "mixed residential property" over on Halsted (and, yes, that's code for more socio-economic diversity will be coming to the 'hood)?  Or the sidewalk expansion of Wrigley Field?  So much is changing that I won't see to conclusion ...

COUNTER:  If I lived in Chicago and vacationed in Florida ... then I assume it is logical that I'll vacation in Chicago once I live in Florida.  Although, with the glacial progress for Maggie Daley's park now that Rahm's in charge and the fact that Wrigley's rebuilding will be a multi-year effort (in both facility and team likely to win, apparently), I guess I don't have to schedule that return trip for about five years.

No comments:

Post a Comment