November 5, 2013

Random Tune for Tuesday 11/5/13

By my quick research (courtesy of the google powered search button on the blog'o'mine), this will be the third time Huey Lewis and the News have been selected for my random tuneage.

Today's song -- working for a living -- is because ... well ... because I do that.  And one of the perks of doing that is that this is the time of year when you check your pay stub against your total benefit package and, not living in a "rollover" state, you realize that you best take your vacation days before you lose them.

Hence, moments ago, I closed up virtual shop and I will not return to my virtual place of employment until Mon Nov 18th.  As a matter of fact, between holidays and using the rest of my time, I actually only have one full work week each for the months of November and December, which I don't mind so much.  As for the 12 days ahead ... 71% of them represent a staycation (when I will finally clean up my "hoarding room" [expect lots of posts about that which I find in there, and, no, there won't be any dead cats -- I promise my illness is only in the early stages]) ... and then next weekend, a quick trip away to Detroit (for two nights) and Toledo (for one) which will include ... drumroll please ... the Toad the Wet Sprocket concert (oops ... I pretty much just gave away my choice for next week's tune).

When its vacation days are that which I'm taking from what they are giving, I'm not hatin' workin' for a livin'!

HUNDRED $ CAR NOTE, TWO HUNDRED RENT (WHEN WAS THIS SONG WRITTEN?):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcIK3akktLU

No comments:

Post a Comment