November 12, 2013

Random Tune for Tuesday 11/12/13

Time to get excited, as in just over 48 hours, I will be in Detroit -- not to document how the city is returning to its agrarian past (I was actually there last year around this time and got to see a bit of that) -- but because Thursday night is the night I'm catching Toad the Wet Sprocket on tour to support their latest album 'New Constellation' (and, I guess if I'm being 100% accurate, I'll be in the suburbs of Detroit).

Seeing as how I talked about this last week when I mentioned that said concert/Detroit experience would be the capstone on my current vacation, tonight's tune shouldn't really be a surprise.  Although with so many great songs from which to choose, maybe the surprise is the one I'm picking, and the one that I *hope* they will do live in concert -- the cautionary tale that challenges you to be still and appreciate the beauty around you in the moment it happens whilst not disturbing it, metaphorically represented through different perspectives by the 'Butterflies' (who knew they were so deep, these Toad folks?)!

IN TIME ... I WILL ... COLLECT THE WORLD!:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16JyrIhvOUY

No comments:

Post a Comment