November 11, 2013

Random Memorial for Monday 11/11/13

Gone but not forgotten:  my Amazing Race Asides.

To clear up a few things, I can't lay claim to being there from the beginning with this reality show (being a TV addict, I started out a reality show snob until sheer volume overwhelmed me and caused me to change my perspective), and I only started watching courtesy of 'The Bonnie Hunt' show (Bonnie and Phil were pals, and racers who lost the leg would show up on her eponymous daytime talk show the day after the Race episode aired) -- which means I started in around the 13th or 14th edition.

And I only started inserting an "aside" into my daily posts referencing the episodes during the 17th edition.  That continued in the same format for five seasons (with a tweak here or there, I morphed it into an aside that listed "3 things I learned from this week's episode" after a bit), and then last year, for Race 22, I changed it up to a standalone format (which wasn't quite true to the "aside" nomenclature, but hey -- my blog, my rules).

So what's changed for Race 23 (the current season, now at its midway point)?  Like the kids nowadays, I consume my entertainment on my *own* schedule, which means there's more likely to be a DVR marathon of episodes instead of following along a week at a time.  That means I'm still a fan, it's just that my viewing isn't aligning with my posting schedule.  I'm still hoping that karma catches up with meanies like Marie (oh, poor Tim) ... and figuring out that the Afghanimals end up growing on you after awhile (maybe they'd be easier to handle if there was just one of them) ... and being surprised to see teams make the same mistakes over and over again (read the damn clue ... and stop thinking that a travel choice with two connecting flights/layovers will be faster than a direct flight) ... it's just that I'm not sharing my thoughts about it all all that often.

Publicly stating my appreciation for the Emmy award winning races around the world (deservedly so, I might add), you are missed (by me, anyway) ...

CATCH UP ON ALL OF MY PAST "ASIDES":
http://capcognition.blogspot.com/search/label/Series%3A%20Amazing%20Race%20Aside?max-results=20

CATCH UP ON THE CURRENT RACE "SEASON":
http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/

"CATCH UP" ON CLASSIC BONNIE HUNT SHOW MOMENTS ON THE YOUTUBE:
http://www.youtube.com/user/bonniehuntshow/videos




No comments:

Post a Comment