November 30, 2013

Random Soapbox for Saturday 11/30/13

I don't mean to go off on a [final for the month] rave here, but ...

... since there is a bonus Saturday in November, I may as well stick with that which I've been doing all month long on Saturdays, and wrap up this list of things for which I'm thankful.  If you've been following along, you probably figured out my construct, but so far I've disclosed that I'm thankful for ...


Traditions.
Homecomings.
Ancestry.
New opportunities.
Knowledge.
Smart phones.
Guinness.
Independence.
Vacations.
Indiana family.
Nostalgia.
Golden Tee.

Seeing as how there aren't any more letters in the word to inspire me, I'll just close by saying that I'm also thankful to see that for which others are thankful.  And I get that it's not a competition or anything, but I'd like to give a shout-out to the thankfulnesses expressed by one Andy P, a college classmate of mine, who impressed me this month with his reflective, honest and sincere posts.  I have to say I think he set the bar this year!

Oh and since it's the last post in my theme week "It Starts with Food", I'm also thankful that my company gives its employees a paid volunteer day and that there's a session scheduled next week for the local team to help out at the Lakeview Pantry (ironically, it's scheduled on a day when I'm on vacation, so I won't be attending, but I'll be thinking about 'em).  Here's hoping that the spirit of giving about which I've been talking all week becomes a year round tradition.

And since I have this mild OCD "things in threes" condition, I'm also very thankful that I can return to RANTING next week on Saturday, as my "crotchety old man self" just seems more authentic to my "brand".

ONE LAST TIME (WELL FOR THIS WEEK) ... LOCAL FOOD BANK:
http://www.lakeviewpantry.org/

ONE LAST TIME (WELL FOR THIS WEEK) ... THE BIG LOCAL ONE:
http://www.chicagosfoodbank.org/site/PageServer

ONE LAST TIME (WELL FOR THIS WEEK) ... FIND YOUR LOCAL ONE:
http://feedingamerica.org/foodbank-results.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment