November 15, 2013

Random Flashback for Friday 11/15/13

If you haven't been following along, this is my retelling of my life twenty years ago via the posting of weekly photos from that time (and, I'm not claiming that anything was "stolen" necessary, but I've been doing it much longer than this "throwback Thursday" trend ... just sayin'), and this is 1993.

The location is FE213, which was the dorm room for me and Jon M in that school year [to prove the time stamp of this picture, see the Beavis/Butthead poster in the background], and which was at the end of the hall, and although we didn't exactly secede from the other rooms (neither one of us is Texan, after all), we did declare that our space was not subject to the same rules as everyone else due to its somewhat unique location.

Which is all the long way to say that that we had a kitty living with us at this time twenty years ago -- and she, Smokey, was a perfect fit for us college students, as, like us, she sure did sleep a lot, at any time of day.  When  I went looking, there are many photos from that time of her sleeping (or, more accurately, of her in the exact moment *after* we woke her up from soundly sleeping so that we could take her picture) ... but this is, by far, my favorite one, as she decided that the small of my back while I was asleep on my top bunk was the most comfortable spot in which to nap that day.

So cute!  (The kitty, I mean, although I guess I did ok too ...)

No comments:

Post a Comment