October 25, 2013

Random Flashback for Friday 10/25/13

Ok ... here's just one more photo taken backstage at LVC's production of "The Night of January 16th" ... one that wasn't in the mini-album I created a week ago.  (And that also explains my old age makeup and fake gray hair at my temples ...)

This is me and Casey Jo, my niece.  Casey is my sister Sharon's child, and ... gasp ... inexplicably, neither one of them appears to be on the old Facebook.

So, for now, this 20 year old picture of her will go untagged, but that doesn't mean that I can't pause and think back to 1993 and marvel about how small all of the nieces or nephews were way back then.

[Of course, my family tree is quite entangled, and I consider many folks to be family that have no actual blood connection to me (which makes me one lucky fella), and what with me being an uncle before I was even born (further illustrating my point, no?), *this* generation of nieces and nephews I'm referencing that was so small back then was actually preceded by an earlier generation of nieces and nephews that are now grandparents in their own right (making me a great-great-uncle already by the age of 40!) and they are being followed by another round of people I consider nieces and nephews who are still in or just barely out of school.]

I think I need to go draw a diagram before my head explodes.  And, let me say again, I'm just blessed to have so many people in my life irrespective of how they got there ...

No comments:

Post a Comment