September 25, 2013

Random Wordplay for Wednesday 9/25/13

Finger Flippin' Frenzy.

Used in a sentence:  "I should probably apologize for my Finger Flippin' Frenzy on my walk today on my lunch break, but I was in a hurry and you both deserved it."

To whit, dear Mountain Biker in front of whom I stepped today, 'tis true that you had the right of way, but 'tis also true that I evaluated the risks and specifically increased my gait to cross the street and not be in your way.  Therefore, when you decided to yell "You tryin' to get run over by a bike" as you passed me (key word -- "passed"), you shouldn't really have been surprised when my response was to flip you the bird (do kids still use that phrase?) ...

And to an additional whit, dear Whole Foods Hipster, you clearly misread the situation that unfolded in front of you in that you misinterpreted it to be some scenario where I was seeking your feedback.  I wasn't interested in your input.  So when you decided to audibly judge me as "rude", you really couldn't have been as shocked as you seemed to be that my response was to say, "Hey, I got one on my other hand just for you, son." as I executed finger flip #2.

[In a perfect world filled with balance, I'm secretly hoping that Whole Foods Hipster also has a blog and is commenting on the incredibly dickish person he ran into today who almost got run into by a Mountain Biker.  I'm in no rush to apologize for my actions, I just want both perspectives to be memorialized on the interwebs, yin/yang wise.]

I LIKE THAT THEY ARE CALLED DEMOTIVATIONAL POSTERS:
http://www.demotivationalposters.org/middle-finger-baby-demotivational-posters-10685.html

FROM WHENCE THE MIDDLE FINGER SALUTE (MAYBE) CAME:
http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/1279/whats-the-origin-of-the-finger

CHATTING ABOUT BICYCLE/PEDESTRIAN ETIQUETTE:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/543116-cycling-etiquette




No comments:

Post a Comment