September 11, 2013

Random Wordplay for Wednesday 9/11/13

McSuicide.

Used in a sentence:  "McSuicide -- You may have done one kind, but I did another secret kind -- and no one should have done the latest kind."

The one you most likely did -- mixing your own drink at the soda fountain by doing a shot of each of whatever was available.  Of course, you might have done that at *any* fast food restaurant, but I chose McDonalds because that's where I worked when I was younger (ah ... the late eighties/early nineties).

That employment history of mine is also why I feel like the other secret kind was something that, quite possibly, only I did.  You see, I used to make a dessert McSuicide -- make an ice cream cone, dump in upside down into a large soda cup, throw away the cone part, push a hot cherry pie deep into the center of the pile of ice cream, and sprinkle it with chocolate chip cookies (the old kind which were small and came twenty or so to a box).  It was delicious (and maybe the precursor to the McFlurry -- I should have copyrighted it [as I also should have done the double quarter pounder, as I was half pounding my McMeat regularly back then {apologies for what may be a poor choice of phrasing}])!

As for the McSuicide that no one should have done?  Well that would be the recent ad in Boston that mocked suicide prevention hotlines as seen above.  The concern, of course, being that someone who was actually hurting would call the number provided in the poster, which was actually an unmanned hotline on which one could leave feedback about how wonderful Big Macs are.  Of course, I'm torn as to whether the absurdity of that outcome would have snapped said depressed person out of their funk or pushed them over the edge -- but why risk it, eh?

PROVING YET AGAIN THAT THERE'S A FACEBOOK PAGE FOR *EVERYTHING*:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/creating-suicide-drinks-at-the-soda-machine-in-fast-food-places/125640927448726

THE COMPANY DID END UP APOLOGIZING FOR THE AD:
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/business/2013/04/mcdonalds-apologizes-for-sad-big-mac-ad/

TO BE CLEAR, SUICIDE PREVENTION IS NOT A JOKING MATTER:
http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/


No comments:

Post a Comment